Shrewsbury French Market
The dates of the event related to this listing has expired.
- Trading Time 09:00 - 17:00
- 21 High Street ,Shrewsbury ,SY1 1SJ ,United Kingdom
- Organiser: SAVOIR-FAYRE LTD
- Event Type: French Specialty Markets
- Entry Cost: Free
- Event Description:
Touring the UK annually for over a decade, Savoir Fayre’s French Market is a market crafted to stir the senses and beholding to the market place’s tradition of exploring and embracing culture.
Each year, Savoir Fayre selectively invite traders who exhibit the range of wears; sourced and imported from towns continuing to craft foods from traditional ingredients and recipes passed down through the generations; as well as the cultural, historic and culinary knowledge and authenticity that they hold precious to the market as a cultural institution.
You have tasted baguette, you’ve experimented with croissants and we all love a warm pain-au-chocolate. But this weekend how about a crunchy yet airy pain noix? Or a fresh and traditional tarte fraise, ou citron? Or mille feuille the way it was supposed to be done?
From Le Specialiste du Fromage, established now for over half a century and with a range of over fifty cheeses, sourced from almost every region of France, to represent every one of those years; to the garlic prawns of Terre et Mer and the cured meats, fuet and saucisson of The French Comte, the best of France and its friends are coming to the heart of Britain’s town centres.
- Venue Description: Shrewsbury is a historic market town with the town centre having a largely unaltered medieval street plan. The town features over 660 historic listed buildings, including several examples of timber framing from the 15th and 16th century. Shrewsbury Castle, a red sandstone castle fortification, and Shrewsbury Abbey, a former Benedictine monastery, were founded in 1074 and 1083 respectively, by the Norman Earl of Shrewsbury, Roger de Montgomery.